Tofu seems to be one of those products that people are confused about or avoid altogether. I never used to enjoy it because I didn’t really know what to do with it!
This tasty Terriyaki Tofu dish is so delicious. It is a good source of plant based protein, cholesterol free and gluten free.
Be sure to purchase organic tofu. I personally purchase Nasoya Organic Extra Firm Tofu. Use as many organic products as possible.
1/3rd cup of water
2 tbsp Braggs Liquid Aminos (this is a natural soy sauce alternative and has less sodium than shoyu or tamari)
1 tbsp ginger (watch video below for easy preparation)
2 tbsp brown rice vinegar
1-2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 block of extra firm organic tofu cut into 1/4″ thick slabs
1. Press the tofu between 2 chopping boards to get the water out of it (mop the excess with paper towel)
2. Make marinade – water, liquid aminos, ginger, brown rice vinegar, garlic and maple syrup
3. Cut tofu into slabs and lay flat in a large casserole without being on top of each other
4. Pour marinade over the tofu. The tofu is more flavorful when marinaded for longer (cover with cling film for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator or even overnight)
5. Put in the oven (uncovered) at 375 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until all the marinade has been absorbed.